First of all - I really love this game. It gave me the same vibes as the settlers 2 and 3, which I enjoyed so much as a kid.
I wanted to give some comments on things I noticed that felt still a bit “weird”:
- The art style is practical and is very nice for the Wuselfactor. I do think, it tanks a bit too much on performance though. I had 35-70 fps with about 500 people (rocking a 6700XT + Ryzen 3700X + 32Gb 3200 RAM @4K).
- Animations are good, but what breaks my immersion is incorrect walking. The pagonians tend to “slide” over the ground ever so slightly. Maybe if there is a tiny little bit of polishing time left in the end have another look at the walking animation.
- It would be really really really nice if one good setup rules like “produce item x until amount y is in storage”. This would be so much easier than just building every now and then 10 pick axes, hammers etc.
- For large producers like the tool smith please a priority system. Maybe like the one in settlers 3? In combination with the above mentioned production queuing system it would be really good.
- Multiple storage slots per building. I guess I waited 20 min for finishing the demo just because I did not realize that only one type of coin can be stored per treasury and I had to build a second treasury just to store silver coins. It would be great to be able to store at least 2-3 different kind of items per storage
- Maybe I missed it, but why are different kind of woods? Is it a layer of complexity, which will be added later? Because if it is just a superficial complexity it clutters the screen. At least I did not understand the difference other than that some buildings require specifically pine.
- top screen UI is a bit too much. selectively adding or hiding resources isn’t helping either. Maybe a having them arranged in a side bar (maybe like Oxygen not included does it?!) can help?
- too few tool tips. It would be great to get some little tool tips (like what does Stärkungsmahlzeit do, including the ingredients) when you hover above it. What a soldiers good for? what are guards good for? likewise for the remaining units. Maybe even adding to an internal “wiki” to provide further information.
PS: Will add further things, when I get time to play the game more.